Even though our fabulous business bags for women are full of pockets for things you can’t live without as you go through your busy day, over the years I have realized there are a couple of things that I don’t want to carry around but can’t live without in my office drawers as well.
My desk draw essentials are:
1. Perfume. Don’t use it all the time as I always splash some on when I’m getting dressed in the mornings but there are always those days when, due to a man-made fibre top or excessive heat or stress I notice that an extra squirt is required!
2. Anti-static spray. Nothing is worse then getting up out of a nasty office chair and your dress/top/skirt has turned into a second skin. Not a good look unless you’re a runway model. This spray is a miracle. Hate to think what’s in it but it works.
3. Little hotel sewing kit. Everyone in the office knows that I’ve got this and I’ve even had a young intern come into my office when her pants split! Again, don’t use it very often but when you need a stitch in time, a staple or sticky tape just doesn’t measure up!
4. A small candle. This tip I picked up somewhere and it really works. If you’ve got a new pair of shoes that are causing a blister. Don’t put a bandaid on the blister, rub candle wax on the shoe! Much more attractive than a foot covered in bandaids!
5. Panadol. I have to confess that I have more than one kind of pain killer in my drawer. Some days require something a lot stronger than an Asprin or a Panadol!
So what is it that you don’t want to carry everyday in your business bag but can’t live without in your desk drawer?